- How To
- Cigar Info
- Site Info
Currently viewing the tag: "lawsuits"
U.S. government filed an indictment on Sept. 6 in a Kentucky federal court against a farmer for submitting false reports regarding federally reinsured crop insurance policies (United States of America v. Christopher G.
urged a federal court to dismiss a business entity of the Big Sandy Rancheria Band of Western Mono Indians’ challenge to certain state taxes linked to the sale of tobacco products, saying the tribal entity is not exempt from the taxes. Attorney General
concluded that the phrase “[a]ll Florida citizens and residents” as it appears in R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. v. Engle, 672 So. 2d 39, 40 (Fla. 3d DCA 1996) (Engle I), requires a showing that at the time of manifestation or diagnosis of a smoking-related di
precludes the employer from relitigating the issue, the Connecticut Supreme Court held…Welch testified that while tobacco use contributed to the decedent’s lung…
Satisfying either Florida citizenship or Florida residency is sufficient to allow a plaintiff to then proceed to prove the timing of the manifestation or diagnosis of the smoking-related illness in relation to the Engle class membership cutoff date of
In the 1980s, Big Tobacco and other corporations that faced class action lawsuits over dangerous products launched the tort reform movement… The Koch brothers, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and health care interests joined in the push for limiting lawsu
– A Massachusetts state court jury heard opening statements on Friday in a lawsuit filed by the widow of a mechanic who died of lung cancer allegedly caused by years of heavy smoking and exposure to asbestos-containing brake dust.
The move by Saudi Arabia, a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council trade bloc, follows a WTO ruling in June in favor of Australian packaging laws in what was seen as a test case for tobacco control. Cuba, Indonesia, Honduras and Dominican Republic had t
in the latest twist on the ongoing saga, the state has asked for another delay. The court got involved after anti-smoking groups filed a petition demanding that the tax rate for loose tobacco be raised to the same level as that of cigarettes. The Finance
Philip Morris executives sold off millions of dollars stock while withholding information about the company’s stagnant sales, investors claim in a class action. Fild by lead plaintiff City of Westland Police and Fire Retirement System…on behalf of anyo
- Steelers have bigger problems than Brown September 18, 2018
- Week 3 Fantasy Kicker Rankings: Can you replace Greg the leg? September 18, 2018
- Waiver Wire: Week 3 September 18, 2018
- TOUR Championship Odds and Best Bets September 18, 2018
- Hue Jackson didn't know Zane Gonzalez was kicking while injured Sunday September 18, 2018