- How To
- Cigar Info
- Site Info
The first thing you need to do is make sure that you have the correct device to store your cigars. If you are going to be out for a few hours then you can use a simple leather cigar holder or Ziplock bag. If you plan on being out for a day or two then a device with a humidifier is preferred, and for a few weeks on the road, it is advised that you use a specially designed travel humidor that has been properly re-humidified.
After you get your storage device, choose the cigars that you want to bring along. It is best to take cigars that have already been stored in a humidor for a period of time as they will have stabilized at the perfect humidity. Make sure you bring only enough cigars for the excursion. You really want to avoid bringing any cigars back with you that you took from home. Not that they will go bad, but the likelihood is higher than if you enjoy them while out. For example, it is not advised to bring 25 cigars if you are going to a party and plan on smoking 2 during the evening.
Now that you have the cigars you want to travel with, and they have been sitting in a proper humidor for some time, you can simply take your storage device and load it up. If you just got cigars from the tobacco shop, it is advised to leave them in the wrapper and place them in your travel case.
Remember always to close your case, tube, etc. when you are done with your cigar. This will help maintain the humidity and preserve your cigars longer. Also, try to not put the case in direct sunlight or any place where the heat will get extreme. It is best to carry the case with you at all times. As an example, bring it on the plane with you, rather than in the storage below.
- Yasmani Grandal chose Brewers for family and chance to win January 15, 2019
- Don't expect a pat on the back from Belichick January 15, 2019
- Serena Williams shuns US Open final talk after first-round win at Australian Open wearing 'Serena-tard' January 15, 2019
- Mavericks reportedly working to trade Dennis Smith Jr.; Suns, Magic interested January 15, 2019
- Patrick Beverley's theft of Anthony Davis' shoe backfires in technical, huge night from Davis January 15, 2019