- How To
- Cigar Info
- Site Info
When most people get their new humidor home, they are anxious to fill it up with their collection of smokes. If you do this without first re-humidifying the wood, you may ruin your cigars. Why? The wood has not had a chance to reach its equilibrium. So when you put your cigars in, the wood will absorb their moisture and you will be left with dry useless cigars. Not exactly the reason you bought a humidor, huh? To solve this problem, all humidors should be re-humidified before their first use.
Re-humidifying your humidor is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Place a shallow container filled with distilled water in the humidor
- Place calibrated hygrometer inside humidor
- Charge your humidification device
- Place humidification device inside humidor
You have to check the relative humidity every day. Depending on a number of factors this can take a few days to a few weeks. When you get in the 70 range it is safe to store you smokes inside. As long as you constantly recharge your humidification device you will never have to wait to store your cigars again.
I always suggest waiting at least 7-10 days, no matter what the hygrometer says before putting cigars in a new humidor.
- Yasmani Grandal chose Brewers for family and chance to win January 15, 2019
- Don't expect a pat on the back from Belichick January 15, 2019
- Serena Williams shuns US Open final talk after first-round win at Australian Open wearing 'Serena-tard' January 15, 2019
- Mavericks reportedly working to trade Dennis Smith Jr.; Suns, Magic interested January 15, 2019
- Patrick Beverley's theft of Anthony Davis' shoe backfires in technical, huge night from Davis January 15, 2019